Today's biggest headline:
Schools are closing, the virus is now in more than 40 countries, and you can now check your risk factors with our new tool.
Please note, the Intelligent Prepper is taking the afternoon off tomorrow, so there won't be a daily update.
Get the COVID-19 Daily Update
The full briefing is for Intelligent Prepper members only, but it's free to join. Just drop your email below to get the daily brief in your inbox.
No spam, unsubscribe anytime.
Over 890 people just like you are discussing the latest COVID-19 info in our private Facebook group. Click here to join in.
Today's Biggest Developments
- You can now check to see how vulnerable you are to COVID-19 with our new tool. Please spread it around.
- Saudi Arabia is blocking foreign pilgrims from entering the country. It's not yet clear if Hajj, in July, will be affected yet.
- Japan will close all schools starting next week, while the UK has already closed eight.
- Several new European countries have reported their first cases of the disease, mostly tied to the Italian outbreak.
- For the first time, there were more new cases reported outside China than inside.
- The US has named a coronavirus czar with no medical training, drawing criticism.
- California reported its first case of the disease that can't be immediately tied to contact with or actual foreign travel
- French President Emmanuel Macron has said, "We are facing a crisis, an epidemic, that is coming." France has 18 confirmed cases, with two deaths including a Chinese tourist who was visiting.
Want to help? Click here to see a list of charities supporting communities affected by the outbreak.
The Latest Stats
+1.6% since yesterday
+1.5% since yesterday
+9.7% since yesterday
Confirmed Cases by Country / Region
There's always a tweet
Obama just appointed an Ebola Czar with zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control. A TOTAL JOKE!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 17, 2014