American governors are playing politics with peoples' lives.
Italy turns a corner, Boris gets serious, America struggles to spend $2T, and for God's sake, don't eat fish tank cleaner.
Get the COVID-19 Daily Update
The full briefing is for Intelligent Prepper members only, but it's free to join. Just drop your email below to get the daily brief in your inbox.
No spam, unsubscribe anytime.
Over 1,525 people just like you are discussing the latest COVID-19 info in our private Facebook group. Click here to join in.
The Latest Stats (non-China)
What you need to know right now
- American lawmakers still can't figure out how to spend $2T saving the economy. Too much pork on the left, too little oversight on the right.
- Italy appears to have turned the corner with three straight days of fewer reported infections.
- The UK is under full lockdown, finally.
- An Arizona man is dead, and his wife is in critical condition after they ate fish tank cleaner, which contains chloroquine phosphate. Please do not take any chemicals that haven't been approved by the FDA (or your country's counterpart), regardless of who tells you they're safe.
- New symptoms have been identified:
- Loss of smell or taste
- Digestion problems
Want to help? Click here to see a list of charities supporting communities affected by the outbreak.
Playing Politics with Public Health
To a large extent, that can be explained away due to population density:
- More people in a smaller space = more contagion = more need for a lockdown, and
- More dense states tend to be more progressive
One the left is outbreak density. On the right is population density.
Because of the way electoral math works, six states will decide who wins the presidential election in 2020. The three states above (Florida, Georgia, Texas) also happen to be three of the six so-called battleground states.
A weak economy in those battleground states going into November is surely no good thing for President Trump's reelection chances.
So President Trump really needs those states to stay open for business as long as possible.
WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2020
- South Carolina
It sure looks like those governors are keeping the stable door open in exchange for Trump's support in their next election.
If you live in Florida, Georgia, or Texas, please stay home.
If you live anywhere, please stay at home.