Some genuine good news today as a number of indicators point to the end of coronavirus sooner rather than later. The markets remain unimpressed.
Make sure to check out the mega list of coronavirus myths we sent out yesterday. It'll answer any questions you've got.
Get the COVID-19 Daily Update
The full briefing is for Intelligent Prepper members only, but it's free to join. Just drop your email below to get the daily brief in your inbox.
No spam, unsubscribe anytime.
Over 1,450 people just like you are discussing the latest COVID-19 info in our private Facebook group. Click here to join in.
- We've removed Chinese numbers from our latest stats section because they distort the disease's global growth. If China becomes relevant again, we'll put them back in.
- We've added a link to a helpful state-by-state tracker for locality mitigation strategies.
The Latest Stats (Non-China)
First, the Good News
- Old Fourth Distillery in Atlanta, GA has repurposed its facility to make hand sanitiser, and they're giving it away to first responders for free.
- Researchers in China, America, and Spain are making significant progress toward the development of treatments that significantly reduce both the duration and impact of COVID-19.
- For the first time since the outbreak began, China reported no new locally transmitted cases yesterday.
- There’s growing evidence that a lot of people have COVID-19 but have such mild symptoms that they aren’t being tested and counted as confirmed cases — which means the death rate and statistics about severe cases are much better than they seem.
- The Nobel Laurette that predicted the end of Chinese infections thinks the end is in sight.
- It’s possible a larger share of the population is immune to the virus than initially thought.
This would be consistent with a much larger share of the population having immunity than has been previously assumed https://t.co/gWsyOYfv98— Brett Winton (@wintonARK) March 18, 2020
Now the Bad News
- Italy saw 475 deaths yesterday.
- Ten countries in Europe have over 1,000 cases.
- All schools in the UK will close at the end of the day tomorrow.
- American cases and deaths are increasing by over 30% every day, with 9,464 and 150, respectively, as of today. If that trend were to continue, that would mean every American would be infected and over 9m would be dead before the end of April.
- Based on patterns in South Korea and China, though, that won't happen, and the virus will peter out by the end of Spring.
- The Trump administration is planning for an eighteen-month contingency plan that could contain multiple waves of illnesses.
- The American treasury is planning a $1T stimulus plan including $500B in checks directly to Americans, while the European Central Bank (ECB) announced 750m euros worth of bond buybacks.
- Markets remain unimpressed, wiping out all gains since the start of American President Trump's presidency.
Want to help? Click here to see a list of charities supporting communities affected by the outbreak.
United State View
United State Travel Restrictions
Travel restricted toAsia
- South Korea
- Czech Republic
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Vatican City
- Venezuela (Not COVID-19 related)
Travel restricted fromAsia
- Czech Republic
State by State Mitigation Strategies
The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) has started tracking state by state mitigation strategies.
Click here to see a guide to what's happening in your state.